Symptoms of cystitis in men can vary depending on the stage of development of the disease. In the early stages of the appearance of an inflammatory process in the bladder, the symptoms may not be pronounced. The acute stage of the disease proceeds with pronounced clinical signs. In the absence of adequate treatment, cystitis can weaken somewhat, turning into a chronic form, followed by periodic exacerbations. Conservative therapy consists in the use of medicines and folk remedies.
Cystitis in men develops against the background of an infectious lesion. Can cause this disease:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
These infections can spread from nearby organs to the bladder area. As a rule, cystitis is accompanied by diseases such as renal tuberculosis, prostatitis, chronic pyelonephritis and other pathologies.
There are factors under the influence of which cystitis actively develops. These include:
- stressful situations;
- decreased immunity against the background of other pathologies;
- stasis of urine in the region of the bladder.
The negative effects of chemicals in urine increase the risk of disease. Urolithiasis can provoke the development of cystitis if it occurs with damage to the mucous membranes with stones.
Symptoms of cystitis in men are determined by the form of the pathology. The chronic stage of the disease proceeds with the following clinical signs:
- decrease in urine volume in one act of urination;
- increased need to empty the bladder;
- pain in the suprapubic part;
- cloudy urine, formation of mucus in it;
- burning sensation and discomfort during urination.
Acute cystitis in men causes the following symptoms:
- false and frequent urge to go to the toilet;
- a sharp decrease in the volume of urine;
- severe pain syndrome when diverting urine;
- the act of urinating is impossible without effort.
When the disease becomes severe, the symptoms change slightly. A man may have a fever, severe weakness, intoxication. Urine may contain impurities of pus, mucus. In some cases, blood stains are found and the smell becomes fetid.
Chronic cystitis manifests itself rather weakly, and during periods of remission the disease does not cause any symptoms. The acute stage of the disease can significantly reduce the patient's quality of life.
With cystitis, the following consequences are possible:
- inflammation of the renal system - pyelonephritis;
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urethra (urethra) with further scarring;
- the spread of pathology in the prostate.
If the disease is mild, it can be treated at home. For this, drugs and remedies from traditional medicine are used.
Medications and alternative treatments should be established by the attending physician. You cannot self-medicate without prior consultation, as this can lead to the above complications.
During the acute course of the disease, the patient should lie in bed and drink plenty of fluids. At the time of treatment, he should limit the consumption of salty and spicy foods, alcohol and strong coffee, so as not to irritate the bladder mucosa.
Since cystitis develops against a background of damage by pathogenic flora, antibiotics are usually used to eliminate the cause of the disease:
- Penicillins. Preference is given to semi-synthetic penicillins, which are used together with clavulanic acid.
- Cephalosporins. This group of antibiotics is used if the first group is not tolerated by patients or the microorganisms are resistant to it.
- Nitrofurans and fluoroquinolones.
If cystitis is caused by viruses, antiviral drugs are used. With a fungal infection, the patient is prescribed special medications.
Antispasmodics are used to relieve pain. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pills are used to eliminate inflammation in the bladder.
If cystitis occurs in a mild form, at an early stage, herbal remedies are used for treatment. You can buy them at the pharmacy or prepare them yourself.
There are the following popular recipes that help relieve the manifestations of an inflamed bladder:
- Infusion of flax seeds. Take 1 tablespoon of raw materials, pour a glass of water, put on the stove and boil for 5 minutes, then remove to infuse. Completely consume the prepared drink before meals.
- Millet infusion. A cup of millet is seasoned with 3 cups of boiling water and infused overnight. The next morning, the remedy is filtered and consumed up to 4 times a day. The treatment is carried out for about a week.
- Cranberry extract. Take 3 tablespoons of cranberry juice, dilute with half a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of honey. A delicious and healing drink is consumed several times a day for two weeks.
- Echinacea infusion. A tablespoon of herbs is brewed with 200 ml of boiling water and infused for 4 hours. The resulting drink is taken orally 100 ml in the morning and in the evening.
- Herbal decoction. Take 5 g of birch buds, hernia, arborvitae, bearberry and pour a liter of water. The product is put on the stove, boiled and boiled for 5 minutes. The drink is consumed in a day in several portions.
- Pumpkin seeds. Eat half a glass of pumpkin seeds daily. They are eaten fried or raw. Do not clean before use. They are also useful for prostate condition and male potency.
- Infusion of celandine. The plant is cut fresh. A glass of raw materials is placed in a gauze bag and fastened around the neck of a 3-liter jar. The container is filled with warm water and kept for a month. To do this, put it in the refrigerator. The resulting composition is consumed 1 hour before meals, 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
- Cranberry juice. Take 500-600 g of frozen or fresh fruit, grind it in a blender and strain through four layers of cheesecloth. Boiled, but cooled water in a volume of 2. 5 liters is added to the resulting juice. Before use, fruit drinks are sweetened with honey or sugar. Drink a glass several times a day.
- Blueberry infusion. Take 200 g of lingonberry berries, scald with boiling water and then pour 0. 5 liters of cold water. The remedy is infused for 6-8 hours. The drink is consumed 100 g before meals 3-4 times a day.
- Oat decoction. Oats and water are used in equal proportions (one glass each). They are mixed and boiled on the stove until the composition is reduced by half, after which it is filtered and topped up with boiled water to the original volume. The resulting drink is consumed in half a glass 3-4 times a day. Every day a new composition is prepared, and all treatments are carried out within 10-30 days.
If the bladder is inflamed, dill seeds are used in the treatment. A decoction is prepared from them, which relieves the inflammatory process in the bladder, reducing the intensity of the pain syndrome. Dill also disinfects.
Take 1 tablespoon of seeds and pour a glass of water (in order not to prepare the product every time, you can increase the proportions up to 5 times). The container is placed in a water bath and the composition is boiled for 10 minutes. The resulting decoction is taken orally 3 times a day, 100 ml. With advanced cystitis, the number of doses per day is increased up to two times. With preventive treatment, a dose of the drug is limited in the morning.
An infusion is also made from dill. For this, the raw materials are ground. A tablespoon of the plant is poured into a glass of boiling water and kept for 3 hours. The infusion is consumed in half a glass twice a day. In the early stages of cystitis, the remedy is taken only in the morning.
Chamomile has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and analgesic effect. Infusions are prepared from it. To do this, take 1 tablespoon of the plant, fill with 200 ml of boiling water and leave until completely cooled. The drug is consumed with meals 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
This plant is used as a solution for baths. It is prepared from 2 tablespoons of the plant, which is poured with 200 ml of boiling water and infused for 20 minutes. After that, the composition is filtered through cheesecloth and poured into a bowl of warm water. Water procedures are carried out for half an hour. If when receiving a therapeutic bath the water cools down, hot water is added.
Chamomile infusion, prepared from 3 tablespoons of crushed raw materials and 1 liter of boiling water, is also used for washing after each urination. It helps to get rid of itching and burning that occurs after emptying the bladder.